The May bank holiday weekend is here and we are delighted. A weekend of relaxation, adventures and fun awaits us. We decided to share a few things going on this weekend in the hotel and surrounding area.
- The Ballyhoura International Walking festival is taking place this May bank holiday weekend. Just 50 minutes away from us here at Springfort Hall. Ballyhoura International Walking Festival is a three day walking event taking place in the heart of the Ballyhouras with walks to suit all abilities.
- Looking for a family day out? Why not pop into us for some Sunday lunch and go for a walk afterwards in Doneraile Park. Doneraile Park is the perfect spot to escape reality and get lost in nature for a while. The Park is approximately 166 hectares of outstanding beauty, full of mature trees, wildlife and nature. The park has lots of fun walks and trails and is a perfect place to go with family and friends to enjoy a picnic and some time together. Immersed in nature, you never know what you might find – birds, rabbits, foxes or you might even be lucky enough to spot some of the deer.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is a picturesque sanctuary, nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 20 minutes from us. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful gem during your visit to us.
- Open Farms are always a great day out for all the family during the long weekend. We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm, which is about 20 minutes away from us here at Springfort Hall. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. Grenagh Open Farm has a play area so even if it is raining(it is Ireland after all!) you can the kids to enjoy the play area, while you have a cup of tea in the café.
- Treat yourself to a spot of afternoon tea with us here at Springfort Hall. Organise a ladies day out and an afternoon of luxury. Start with a walk in Doneraile Park and then indulge in our delightful afternoon tea.