Top Things To Do For Midterm Break
Many of you have a few days off this week with the kids for midterm so we decided to make things a little easier for you and come up with lots of fun activities you can do with the kids over the break. Here are our Top Things To Do this midterm break.
- Open Farms are always a great day out for all the family. We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm, which is about 20 minutes away from us here at Springfort Hall. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. Grenagh Open Farm has a play area so even if it is raining(it is Ireland after all!) you can the kids to enjoy the play area, while you have a cup of tea in the café.
- Check out a great horse riding place, Whitechurch Equestrain Centre, Capall Geal in Cork(just a 30 minute drive from us). Great way to spend a few hours on a trek in the outdoors. A great day out to be had!
- If you have a little girl who loves to be treated. Why not treat her to an experience to remember with afternoon tea with us here at Springfort Hall. It's all about creating those memories together.
- Why not head to the beach. A walk in the fresh air along the beach is the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Some of our favourite beaches are; Inchydoney Beach, Garethstown Beach and Ardnahinch Beach.
- No midterm is complete without a trip to ‘the zoo zoo zoo, what about you, you, you?’. Fota Wildlife Park is a great place during the midterm and lies just 50 minutes from our countryside heaven! The tropical house in Fota Wildlife Park is a must for all kids this midterm break - It almost makes you feel like you enter a rainforest.
- Why not go to the beautiful Doneraile Park just up the road from us here at Springfort Hall. Go for a walk, bring the bikes and allow the kids to enjoy the playground. They will love playing and exploring.
- Another one for the older kids is Ballyhass Lakes, which is just 20 minutes up the road from us. Check out a video of the place here. Abseiling, kayaking, archery, zip wire and much more. A day full of activities.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is a picturesque sanctuary, nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 20 minutes from us. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful gem during your visit to us.
- Why not get out in the fresh air and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check it out in this video and get a feel the adventure before you go! Ballyhoura is about a 55 minute drive from us.
Happy Midterm Break!