Top Things to Do in Cork during Christmas Week
It is Christmas week so we wanted to spread the festive spirit and fill you in on all the magical festive activities taking place in Cork this year.
- Winter Wonderland at The Farm, Grenagh: Go on a magical journey thorugh the Winter Wonderland on the Elf tour at The Farm, Grenagh. Go on the Christmas Wonderland train journey and travel through the magical forest to the North Pole to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus. Also experience a live crib with Mary and Joseph. (Book beforehand to avoid dissapointment here)
- Wrap up warm and go ice skating with family or friends. Cork on Ice is located at Mahon Point Shopping Centre. Be sure to book your slot early here. You could always pop into Mahon Point for some Christmas shopping afterwards or a bite to eat. Make the most of the experience together.
- Magical Blarney - Have a walk around festive Blarney Wollen Mills before heading into to see the man in red - Santa at Magical Blarney. A festive, traditional experience to create memories as a family this festive season. Book your tickets here.
- A trip to experience GLOW in Cork City is a must during the festive season. From a free festive installation that both children and adults will enjoy in Bishop Lucey Park, to soaring high above Cork on a giant Ferris wheel, indulging in food markets and enjoying festive entertainment galore. The markets open from 12noon to 8:30pm and the park is open from 4:30pm to 8:30pm. The last days of GLOW are Wednesday the 20th to Friday the 22nd of Decemeber. For more information on opening times during the fetsive season, check out thier website here.
- If you are looking for something for New Years Eve why not attend our New Year's Eve Ball. This year we are hosting a News Years Eve Ball. Get dressed up in your black tie attire and ring in the new year with a luxurious treat. Enjoy a delicious 4 course meal with friends or family and start the new year the way you want it to continue.
- The Panto - You cant have Christmas in Cork without paying a visit to a panto. This year Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs are in the Opera House and Beauty & The Best is in the Everyman. Get practicing 'Oh yes he is'!! A great day out over the festive season.
- If the main panto isnt for you and you are looking for something a little different, why not check out the Improvised Panto. A different panto every night - It’s all improvised, it’s all made up on the spot, nothing is prepared or scripted. Fast becoming an annual tradition for many so why not give it a go this festive season. With a cast filled with talented improvisers, actors and comedians including Dominic MacHale star of the blockbuster hit The Young Offenders and Laura O’Mahony who is no stranger to your screens via the sketch group CCCahoots and the comedy circuit around Ireland. Expect the unexpected, the hilarious and the outrageous; it’s a whole new world of Panto where anything is possible. It's on Thursday, 21st, Friday, 22nd & Saturday, 23rd December so book your tickets here.
- Get out in the fresh air and away from all the hustle and bustle and go for a walk in Doneraile Park. It is one of our favourite spots for a walk and it's only just up the road from us here at Springfort Hall. Go for a walk, bring the bikes and allow the kids to enjoy the playground. The Park is approximately 166 hectares of outstanding beauty, full of mature trees, wildlife and nature. The park has lots of fun walks and trails and is a perfect place to go with family and friends to enjoy a picnic and some time together. Immersed in nature, you never know what you might find – birds, rabbits, foxes or you might even be lucky enough to spot some of the deer. They will love playing and exploring. Pop into us afterwards here to warm up with some hot chocolates by the fire.
Wishing you all a magical Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2018
From all the team at Springfort Hall