Top Midterm Tips
Midterm break is just around the corner for all our little adventurers. We decided to help you out a little and come up with some amazing adventures all around Springfort Hall for you to try out over midterm with your little ones.
Happy midterm everybody!
Happy midterm everybody!
1. The Donkey Sanctuary is a picturesque sanctuary, nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 20 minutes from us. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful gem during your visit to us.
2. For older kids, The Glen Resource & Sports Centre is a true hidden gem in the heart of Cork. Zorbing, Zip wire, high ropes, soccer, leap of faith, team games and much more. It is about a 40 minute drive from Springfort Hall. We couldn’t believe that something like this existed on our doorstep. Check out the great activities here and see what you can expect before you visit. They even have a ski track for all our budding explorers. The kids will have a great day and will be mighty tired at the end of the day!
3. Why not get out in the fresh air and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check it out in this video and get a feel the adventure before you go! Ballyhoura is about a 55 minute drive from us.
4. Enjoy the outdoors with your kids this midterm! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm, which is about 20 minutes from us here at Springfort Hall. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. Grenagh Open Farm has a play area so even if it is raining(it is Ireland after all!) you can the kids to enjoy the play area, while you have a cup of tea in the café. Check out Halloween at the farm last year in this video.
5. Ballyhoura Horse Trails in Kilfinane is a must this midterm, Limerick has lots of treks during the midterm. Why not go on a trail with the kids and enjoy the countryside. Check out a video of it here and see what beautiful scenery and adventure you can expect on the trek.
6. The Movie Junction Drive in Cinema is a great way to spend a night on midterm. A 50 minute drive from us and an experience the kids will not forget. Why not bring their favourite foods, a blanket, even pillows and make it a real treat for the kids.
7. No midterm is complete without a trip to ‘the zoo zoo zoo, what about you, you, you?’. Fota Wildlife Park is a great place during the midterm and lies just 50 minutes from our countryside heaven! The tropical house in Fota Wildlife Park is a must for all kids this midterm break. As you enter the tropical house you are met with tropical temperatures and humid air. It almost makes you feel like you enter a rainforest. Leaving the Irish weather to 26° Celsius. Check it out in the video here.
8. Another one for the older kids is Ballyhass Lakes, which is just 20 minutes up the road from us. Why let them have all the fun? Join in the activities and enjoy your day together. Check out a video of the place here. Abseiling, kayaking, archery, zip wire and much more. A day full of activities.
9. This is a midterm adventure for the older kids(18+). Would you enjoy a haunting escapade? Does an eerie thrill of adrenaline sound appealing? Do you crave mysterious adventure? Do you wish to push the boundaries of your sanity? If so…. you need to take a visit to “The Nightmare Realm” in Cork immediately… or else… who knows what the revenge will be! Be sure to book your tickets early here.
10. Check out a great horse riding place, Whitechurch Equestrain Centre, Capall Geal in Cork(just a 30 minute drive from us). Great way to spend a few hours on a trek in the outdoors. A great day out to be had!
Discover, Dream and Explore this Midterm.