Time for you....
You have retired... Your children are all grown up, you have worked all your life and it's now time for you. Sometimes in life you need to take time out to enjoy yourself and the beauty that surrounds you. This blog post will give you some ideas on the beauty that surrounds us here in Springfort Hall... so much to do, see and explore.
- Doneraile Park is the perfect spot to escape reality and get lost in nature for a while. The Park is approximately 166 hectares of outstanding beauty, full of mature trees, wildlife and nature. The park has lots of fun walks and trails. Immersed in nature, you never know what you might find – birds, rabbits, foxes or you might even be lucky enough to spot some of the deer.
- Kilfinane in Co. Limerick is a tiny little town that will win your heart! Try a nice relaxing walk on one of many of their walking and hiking trails. Explore the countryside and walking trails all around. The scenery is just breathtaking and a great way to spend the day. Check out our video on it here.
- Ever feel like escaping the world? Hopping on a horseback and trotting off into the distant hill tops?! Ballyhoura horse trails is located deep into the countryside, at the end of the meandering, but very scenic Ballylanders road is John Joe O’Brien’s Farm, (which is approx. I mile from Kilfinane). They are open all year round and offer 3 different ride-outs depending on customer preference, experience, and sense of adventure! Check out a video of it here and see what beautiful scenery and adventure you can expect on the trek. Ballyhoura is about a 55 minute drive from us.
- Doneraile town is just up the road from us here and is a beautiful village to walk around, explore, enjoy a cup of tea and get to know the friendly locals. Great shops, pubs and cafés lie on the main street and is a great way to spend a few hours.
- Nestled away in the beautiful Estate village of Doneraile, Co. Cork lies a unique, quirky store called Townhouse & Co. This store is the exact same as Doneraile town, full of charm, beauty and hidden treasures. A store full of full to the brim with trinkets and treasures! A place full of elegance and taste and perfect for a little bit of retail therapy.
- In the town of Mallow lies Springfort Hall's Café. The main entrance is brightly painted to catch your eye as you pass. As you walk inside the shop you are met with a lively atmosphere. The decor has a touch of vintage to it, along with the fresh bright vibe of the place. We love all the little quirky touches throughout the café which gives it character. The food is very fresh and sandwiches are made up as you order. A great idea is to enjoy lunch and take a walk around the town of Mallow.
- Why not get out in the fresh air and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Ride your bike through 92km of Ballyhoura bike trails. This is an amazing experience and something very unique to find in Ireland. Check it out in this video and get a feel the adventure before you go! Ballyhoura is about a 55 minute drive from us.
- Looking for something a little more adventurous. Ballyhass Lakes, which is just 20 minutes up the road from us. Join in the activities and enjoy your day. Abseiling, kayaking, archery, zip wire and much more. A day full of activities. Check out a video of the place here.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is a picturesque sanctuary, nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 20 minutes from us. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful gem during your visit to us.
- Our last tip is only down the stairs from your room while you are staying at Springfort Hall. The cosy, warm fire. The best part of going away is taking time to relax and switch off. One of my favourite things to do while staying at Springfort Hall is to sit by the fire with a book, a cup of tea and a tasty dessert. That is the life. Always remember to enjoy the little things.
Sometimes in life you just need to escape. You need to find a place where you can switch off and recharge the batteries. You need time to explore, dream and discover... you need time for you.