Happy Easter Weekend
It's Easter weekend and a long weekend so you know what that means? An extra long weekend of fun lies ahead!! We have lots of adventures taking place near us this weekend including some sweet treats this weekend!! Make the most of your time off and plan a weekend full of adventure. Be sure to pop into us and say hello.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is a picturesque sanctuary, nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 20 minutes from us. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful gem during your visit to us. This Easter they also have a treasure hunt running everyday until April 3rd which is only €2 per child and great fun.
- For the older little girls this Easter. Why not go for some afternoon tea? A spot of tea and relaxation? We have launched our Afternoon tea here at Springfort Hall so why not treat them to something very special.
- Enjoy the outdoors with your kids this Easter! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm, which is about 20 minutes from us here at Springfort Hall. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. They have an Easter Egg Hunt taking place all around the farm on Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th. You can also get a barrel train ride, milk the cows and meet the baby lambs. Child €8, Adult €5 and kids under 2 are free.
- For older kids, The Glen Resource & Sports Centre is a true hidden gem in the heart of Cork. Zorbing, Zip wire, high ropes, soccer, leap of faith, team games and much more. It is about a 40 minute drive from Springfort Hall. We couldn’t believe that something like this existed on our doorstep. Check out the great activities here and see what you can expect before you visit. They even have a ski track for all our budding explorers. The kids will have a great day and will be mighty tired at the end of the day!
- Why not get out in the fresh air and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check it out in this video and get a feel the adventure before you go! Ballyhoura is about a 55 minute drive from us.
- The Movie Junction Drive in Cinema is a great way to spend a night over the weekend. A 50 minute drive from us and an experience the kids will not forget. Why not bring their favourite foods, a blanket, even pillows and make it a real treat for the kids.
- No Easter weekend is complete without a trip to ‘the zoo zoo zoo, what about you, you, you?’. Fota Wildlife Park is a great place during the midterm and lies just 50 minutes from our countryside heaven! The tropical house in Fota Wildlife Park is a must for all kids this midterm break. As you enter the tropical house you are met with tropical temperatures and humid air. It almost makes you feel like you enter a rainforest. Leaving the Irish weather to 26° Celsius. Check it out in the video here.
- Another one for the older kids is Ballyhass Lakes, which is just 20 minutes up the road from us. Why let them have all the fun? Join in the activities and enjoy your day together. Check out a video of the place here. Abseiling, kayaking, archery, zip wire and much more. A day full of activities.
- Check out a great horse riding place, Whitechurch Equestrain Centre, Capall Geal in Cork(just a 30 minute drive from us). Great way to spend a few hours on a trek in the outdoors. A great day out to be had!
- Easter Sunday Lunch? Why not join us here in the hotel? You can enjoy a spot of dinner and even go explore Doneraile Park afterwards. The park has lots of fun walks and trails and is a perfect place to go with family and friends to spend some time together. Immersed in nature, you never know what you might find – birds, rabbits, foxes or you might even be lucky enough to spot some of the deer.